Sunday, August 1, 2010

Pumpkin Pasta Soup

I am always trying to find food that I can make the girls that they will eat so they are not constantly eating the pre packaged foods I get at Wal-Mart because most of the time that is the only food they will eat:(

This was a hit at our house tonight with everyone, even Twain. Bailey will pretty much eat anything that she can put in her mouth but Braelyn has became very picky so it is hard to get a well balanced meal in her daily. And yes, I make my kids eat healthy and I know it doesn't sound very good but trust me if Twain will eat it, then it doesn't taste healthy..ha!

Pumpkin Pasta Soup

In a small sauce pain, melt 1 tbsp of butter. Add 1 tbsp of finely chopped onion and saute for about 30 seconds. Add 1 cup of pumpkin puree, 1 tbsp of apple puree, 2 cups of low sodium natural chicken broth, 1/8 tsp of all spice and 1/8 tsp of thyme. Bring to a boil and then add 1 cup of alphabet noodles ( I can't get them at our local grocery store so I use small macaroni noodles). Cook for about 10 minutes.Serving size is about 2 1/2 cups so you may want to double it if you are cooking for a family.

Enjoy!

On another note, we are still packing. I have decided that I despise packing and it has just started...:( Ugh! I have decided that I am not cut out for building a house because I know I would take the decisions I am currently having to make and multiply then by a million! Since this is a new construction, we are having to pick out blinds, rugs, some appliances, and fence material. The only easy one is the fence - the rest has made my stress levels go through the roof trying to picture it in my mind what it would look like in the house and not on the Lowe's showroom floor!!!!! I am just currently fighting tooth and nail to try to keep Twain from planting weird legume scientist crap in my front yard!!!!!!!!!!!! Those of you who have seen the current house know exactly where I am coming from.....

1 comment:

  1. "Weird Legume Scientist Crap"

    Boy I bet he feels so special!!

    LOL

    ReplyDelete